Saturday, January 5, 2008

Beadwork

Beadwork is the art or craft of attaching beads to one another or to cloth using a needle and thread. Most beadwork takes the form of jewelry or other personal adornment, but beads are also used in wall hangings and sculpture.Beadwork techniques are broadly divided into loom and off-loom weaving, stringing, bead embroidery, bead crochet, and bead knitting.Most cultures have employed beads for personal adornment. Archaeological records show that people made and used beads as long as 5000 years ago. Beads have also been used for religious purposes, as good luck talismans, and as curative agents.

Hey,


Well a friend of mine threw a beading party tonight. It was so much fun! Ah, I had a blast. And she had some new beads I hadn't seen before (so I got some *smile*). I told my friends I had started a "blog" and that they should check it out. They laughed at me. That's ok though because I just can't help but share this wonderful creative craft. I think everyone should learn it.


Aren't they just georgeous? Best of all they are so easy to make! Oh I think I'm in love.

So how about you. Do you have a blog? Did your friends laugh at you when you started it? Should I keep it up or are my friends right and I should give it up (not that I could)? Please post a comment - you can remain anonymous :)


I'm off to bed. I'll be sure to post soon!

No comments: